Yoga Camp

Hi Mom.

Trust me, I know how long it's been since I've blogged (a whole month). I have zero excuse EXCEPT that I was home for a week, and I think my presence in general is worth at least a few weeks of my blogging presence, plus I've been trying to finish up this school year with at least a little of my sanity, so when I'm not doing school work, I'm playing Dragon Age and not trying to put words into coherent sentences, when I could just text you.

ANYWAYS.

I'm in my last FULL month in school for the school year and it's also my last month (ish - I'll have some spill over into early-mid May) on Phentermine. March was not my best workout month. The week I was home and the week after I did absolutely zero workouts, and the week before and after were pretty half-assed (3 days each week of meh). SO. New month, new plan. I wanted to make my last month on my pills worth it. I can work out anytime but I won't get the extra boost from Phentermine any other time. Last chance to make it count and get that extra help to getting to my goal weight. After that, it's all up to me to not gain it back...no pressure.

I've been getting slightly bored with my normal workout habits: RL Healthy videos, which don't get me wrong, I love them. But after 2.5 months straight, I've exhausted all the videos I hadn't already seen and wasn't as excited as I used to be about getting up, choosing three videos and feeling the burn. I go to the Fitness Center here and there to mix it up, but I end up wandering around and not really pushing myself to the point where I felt like I did a good workout.

So this month I'm gonna do the opposite of my weight lifting and death runs: yoga. I've been following Yoga w/ Adriene for years on youtube, but it's been a while (at least a year) since I've actually done one of her videos. And since then she's put up a lot of new ones, including the 30 Day Yoga Camp: Home Practice Series. "Yup, that's what I wanna do this month," I think immediately, kicking off my tennis shoes and unrolling my yoga mat.

Here's to my last month of 'freshman' (I hate having to call myself a freshman even though I'm technically a transfer but still have to take 4 years of studio classes) year at Ringling. Hopefully this month of yoga will keep me sane long enough to finish out my studio classes with some sense of self worth, and then prepare for the 2000 mile drive back to Colorado. Summer can't come fast enough.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volunteer Orientation at HSSC

Putting Off Homework

Charlie