The Johns' Wedding

Hi Mom.

FINALLY. My first adult wedding as an adult (my last one was when I was very very young and was the flower girl I have zero memory of that day). And man. I did not expect to be a wedding crier. But the moment they were both down the aisle and the vows started I was a goner. To be fair I'd been pretty emotionally compromised because I was beyond happy to be holding hands with my love while watching two of my favorite people, who I consider family, finally get to celebrate their love and lives with their friends and family. It was just really beautiful and I'm so lucky to have been invited.

After a month of working out I do feel pretty good about my progress. While I haven't lost any weight I have lost some inches pretty much everywhere. Proof: I found this dress at Goodwill about 4 months ago specifically for the wedding and it was close to not fitting at that point (very tight) but it's Goodwill. When you find a nice dress that MOSTLY fits you usually buy it because if anything you're out of pocket $5 if you never wear it. And by the time the wedding rolled around it fit great!
Jason has also been working out and eating better, in support of me (his middle name is 'Support' and 'Kindness' and 'The Best Boyfriend Ever' but I digress) and I could definitely tell. Mr. Slim.

Dad has also buffed up since Summer. I think I heard him tell people that, "I was planning on going to buy another suit but tried this old one on and it fit!" about 100 times. But hey, more power to you!

3 Months was seriously too long to be away from my favorite person. Thank God it's only 3 weeks this time till I go home for Thanksgiving and this ray of sunshine is staying by my side the whole time. He's even bucked up and committed to driving down to Texas with my family where we always spend Thanksgiving.
The Johns got married at the Florida Aquarium which was SOOO pretty. This was their backdrop for the ceremony and dinner.

 Not enough selfies were taken.
 Beautiful table setting. With complimentary masks for the Masks (and everyone else but psh they didn't have the proper surname). Jason was also referred to as, 'my husband' by multiple people (my father included) during the evening so we figured that pretty much counts
Mask and Future Mask in Masks.
 The cake gave me some war flashbacks to my Senior Project days when I elected to learn wedding cake decorating and baking. Props to the Baker (who sat at our table and I feel awful I cannot remember her name) who made a beautiful cake AND drove it all the way from Orlando strapped into the front seat of her car. 

 Picture of the Grooms cutting their cake.
 Photo at the end of the evening of the Masks and the newly wed Johns. LOVE THEM.
 During Cocktail hour. For anyone in the Comic Book world Mr. George Perez (far right) is somewhat of a legend and my boyfriend does not tire of reminding me. Was great to see some familiar faces.
 And of course it's an aquarium so FISH PICTURES - DUH.

 And I have a soft spot for Illustrations - double duh.









This past weekend has given me the recharge I really needed. I'm ready to bust out the rest of the this semester, go to DISNEY (that'll make some great blogging so prepare) with my family and then be home for a little. This month will not go fast enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting Off Homework

Volunteer Orientation at HSSC

Charlie