Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 10/2

Hi Mom.

Only really doing this since I know I'll wish I had later.

A more photo dedicated blog (my mom's) will have more pictures than I do:

About a month ago, right after getting back from my Birthday Disney trip, I got an email from Ringling saying they were having a school trip to the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on October 2nd. If I've learned anything from my Mom its that when you get the opportunity to go to Disney at somewhat of a discount (I hesitate to say discount at all since we literally only saved on sales tax) you GO. At that point one of my roommates had planned to go as well.

Jump ahead to the week of the party and my roommate says she's going to sell her ticket. Which means I would not only be driving two hours by myself (I was planning on staying with family friends for the weekend in Orlando) but I also didn't know anyone else who was going. And it wasn't like I could make friends on the bus that I wasn't taking...so I talked to Mom about the pros and cons of doing Disney solo, read a bunch of articles from fellow introverts who were more than happy to wander around Disney by themselves and seemed to have a great time. I was all pumped for my solo trip.

And then! Dad urged Mom to come down for the weekend. THANK GOD. As much as I love being on my own I'll usually always pick spending time with my Mom (especially since I haven't seen her in months) over alone time. We're basically an extension of each other so its just as comfortable as being alone but with more social time and people don't look at you funny when they ask, "How many?" on Space Mountain and you just say, "one". 

I wasn't going to be able to make it to Orlando in time for Mom's flight (thanks to morning classes) so thankfully our family friend we would be staying with for the weekend did. And after a very long 2 hour drive I was reunited with my Mama. About an hour or so later we were headed to Magic Kingdom (driving there was kind of weird). 


We got let in about 15 minutes ahead of schedule, which gave us enough time to book it to the back of the park to Big Thunder Mountain, which we had fastpasses for but figured we wouldn't make it there in time (they ended at 4:05 and usually event guests aren't let in till 4. Gazing off photo coming out of Big Thunder, featuring my Haunted Mansion bowler hat
After that we headed to our Space Mountain fast passes by way of AdventureLand where we rode Pirates of the Caribbean. It had been closed while I was there in September for refurbishment. 

You can never have too many pictures of Cinderella's Castle.
After Space we went back over to finish off our fastpasses with Haunted Mansion and then meandered down Main Street for photos and to get our Sorcerer Mickey Halloween Party Special Card.
 Jump ahead to a walk on Splash Mountain with our own log! What that's never happened! Here's a watermarked photo. Shhhh don't tell Disney.

It started to rain after that. So we decided to grab some food and wait for the rain to subside. After about an hour of rain, a lot of people had fled the spots they'd marked around 6pm for the supposedly 8:30 parade. Meaning by 9:30 when the parade actually started Mom and I had awesome spots in the middle of Main Street.

The hyenas made me very uncomfortable. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA. FALSE. THIS IS TERRIFYING AND IM A FULL GROWN ADULT.
After that Hallowishes began. Super fun but the original Wishes is better in my opinion. Still. Fireworks are fireworks and over a castle they're gorgeous.






Not long after that was the new show "Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular" which was cool. Especially if you love Disney Villains and I sure do. Photo creds to my mom on these I was struggling to see over the sea of heads. Stupid 4'10 height.
I have a soft spot for Oogy Boogy so of course he's on here. I will say, last year at DenverCon I saw a pretty spectacular Oogy Boogy Cosplay. And it honestly was about 10x as cool as the official Disney one.
 After that we walked on the Seven Dwarves Mine Train and Peter Pan and grabbed some Ice Cream (which I really didn't appreciate like I should have looking back. I would kill for some ice cream right about now).
This is definitely my favorite photo of the night.

I am beyond happy I got to spend the weekend with my mom. Saying goodbye at about 5am Sunday morning was harder for me than saying goodbye at move in day. I've been extremely homesick lately and have been bordering on depressed (crying is pretty much in my daily routine now). So saying goodbye this time was harder because I knew I'd be going back to a crowded dorm, surrounded by strangers in a place thats not my home. And that's just really a bummer. I'm ready for Halloween when I'll get to see Jas and my Dad. But more than anything I'm ready for Winter Break when I'll get to spend a week at Disney World with my family (Jason included) and then get to go home and sleep in my own bed and see my pups. 

If I had a large amount of money I'd probably already have gone home multiple times in the past few months. But I'm grateful for the time I do get with my people. And hey, I'm allowed to be sad. It's a part of life.

Real life picture of me surrounded by everyone else at Ringling.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting Off Homework

Volunteer Orientation at HSSC

Charlie