The Book Room

Hi Mom.

This is what I've spent the past countless hours working on. The deadline snuck up on me. So due tomorrow is our Drawing (Perspective) Class's 2pt Perspective Inventive Interior Assignment. This is probably the one I'm most happy with that I've done this semester. Granted, I had my moments of being overwhelmed and asking my past self, "WHY did you think it was a good idea to fill four walls with books. WHY." But once it's all said and done I like it. A new part to this assignment that we didn't have to do before was add value. 

And you know me. I avoid value at all costs, mainly because I have no idea what shadows do aside from they appear on the back of an object when the light source is on the other side. That's all I know. None of this bleeding into other shadows, changing lengths, PERSPECTIVE of a shadow (which is a thing I know because we did it in class and it was awful). But I do feel like the different values definitely added to my final piece. I wish I was more confident with values, as you can tell the few cast shadows of put I did after building them up. I refused to go to dark to soon, you can't erase that, but you can continue to build up, it just takes for freaking ever. 

This was also my first time doing something on this completion scale in marker. I've always appreciated how well markers blend and the smooth quality it gives drawings, I've just never done it myself. And since our teacher said we could shade it however we wanted (pencil, marker, watercolor) I decided to go with the one I hadn't tried before. And I'm glad I did. 
Now I will have a well deserved break (since I've been working on this piece since midday Thursday straight) and later will eventually jump back into the pile of homework that is building up.

Winter Break cannot come soon enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mailing Mishaps

Medical Issues

Putting Off Homework