Downtown Disney Afternoon

 Hi Mom.

So today was the first of our exhausting weekend we have planned. After my morning of classes, Emily and I hightailed it over to Orlando, listening to Broadway and Starkid the entire way. And of course, right when we got into Orlando it started to downpour. Luckily, like Florida rains tends to do, it passed and came in spurts so we managed to walk around by not getting too wet, and the heat was controlled.

It was seriously weird to be walking through World of Disney without my family. Though I had Mom's voice in the back of my head whenever I picked up something that was expensive, okay more of that face she makes when I give her the puppy dog eyes.




 I decided to take pictures of everything I wanted to buy. Because I am a responsible adult and have to budget the little money I have as a college student. So here are the things I was pining after.



This version of Sully is legit disturbing.


 And of course I had to take the traditional giant Stitch photo. Because I've been pining after this thing for years.
 I seriously considered buying this purse cause its cute and simple and isn't a hobo bag like I'm used to - so things wouldn't just all fall to the bottom. hahahahahahaha. I stepped away after looking at the price tag ($100).
Selfie with my birthday button.
Panorama of Raglan Roads and a beautiful Emily cameo, who, unlike me, did not grow up training to take photos on command. 


 See Emily you have a great smile.


 While I didn't get a free birthday dessert - lack of asking - I did get a personalized coaster to take with me.


 I then stopped at Starbucks to get a drink(coffee milkshake) and the guy at the register gave me my drink for free after wishing me a happy birthday. The birthday button is awesome and has powers. Made my day, the baristas were so nice.


We then ventured over to the McCray's where we'll stay for the next few nights in between our Disney adventures. And they are amazingly nice. Definitely family already. They surprised me with a cookie cake and a birthday card. Emily took like ten photos of me blowing out the candles and somehow this was the best shot. Seriously grateful for the McCray's opening their home to Emily and I and making my first birthday away from home an awesome one. 


Tomorrow I'll be 20 and get to spend my birthday where I wanted to spend it 15 years prior. Prepare for an onslaught of pictures tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting Off Homework

Volunteer Orientation at HSSC

Mailing Mishaps