Birthday Packages Pt. 2

Hi Mom.

Today I woke up really homesick. Aside from that, I beat the Dragon Age Inquisition DLC Trespasser this morning, so that was nice. IT WAS AWESOME but I digress.

Really, I was putting off inking my first drawing assignment: Hall of Oddities (will post later). Talk about stress. I know my teacher is going to pick my piece apart and as of right now I'm ready to receive my first D. Which really sucks. Like I can appreciate this learning experience and that's ultimately my goal: to learn. But I've got to get grades along the way. And man a bad grade can really kill your spirit.

So, aside from that bummer that's slowly giving me an ulcer, I received two packages! Both of which I was not expecting/completely forgot were coming.

First up is from Miss. Ali (who has impeccable taste in everything). The card itself was gorgeous and I got another mug to add to my collection, which is starting to overtake the top of our microwave.
Before she sent my package, Ali asked if I had a mini fridge and somehow the idea of magnets completely went over my head. I was very pleasantly surprised and my fridge is now cute and homey. This is a call to everyone now to send me magnets because I think that's going to be my new thing. So cute.

Up next is a belated birthday present from one of my besties Elly. I totally forgot she had promised to send me a purse that I'd been pining after. She even drew me a picture! LOVE IT. Giant picture so you can appreciate the drawing. 


I woke up homesick and getting packages from my friends really gave me a boost. Sometimes it feels like I'm on this island in the middle of nowhere. And sometimes it feels like I'll never get to see my family and friends which I know is not true but sometimes its just overwhelming lonely even when I'm constantly with my two roommates. Logically I know the homesickness will pass but in the meantime is freaking sucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting Off Homework

Volunteer Orientation at HSSC

Mailing Mishaps