HERE THERE BE PRIVATE PARTS

Hi Mom.


WARNING NAKED DRAWINGS OF PEOPLE AHEAD. HERE THERE BE PRIVATE PARTS.

It really is amazing how desensitized I've been to naked people thanks to drawing. Last week when Emily was out here I asked her to pose for me so I could get some Figure Drawing homework out of the way and since it's FIGURE Drawing and not CLOTHED PEOPLE Drawing I decided not to draw her clothes. Her relatives thought it was hysterical that she looked naked in my drawings, even though it looks like a faceless person, you really can't tell its her. I even had a class mate ask if my model had been naked. My drawings are just that convincing.

Wish I had asked her to be crouching in that first pose. Otherwise I like the three to the right. Aside from the fact that she looks like she's picking up poop. 
sorry for the shadow

ANYWAYS main point of blog (I got distracted with that anecdote):

So while I've been completely stressing out over Drawing I am starting to see improvement in my Figure Drawing class. Over the weekend we had to upload what we considered to be our best works so for. Three from in class and three that we did for homework.

This one I didn't know if it would count because its not really a gesture anymore. But I put it in because dat contrast.

#1 Sketchbook (around an hour?)
 #2 Sketchbook (3 minutes each)
 #3 Sketchbook (3 min)
 #4 Sketchbook (3 min)
#1 In Class Gesture (half of a four part sequential each 5 minutes)
 #2 In Class Gesture (2 minutes)
#3 In Class Gesture (5 minutes each, four part sequential)

Now I just have to pass Drawing and we can move even more forward. Below is that Hall of Oddities assignment that is due tomorrow. Aka my first piece of art to probably warrant me a D grade. You can say, "Oh no Sammy it looks great" all you want, but I know my teacher. Trust me on this. I'm preparing for the worst. One rant: I hate those things I put in between the arches to try and doll up the columns. If I had another day I would fight a light box and take them out all together. But too late now. 

sorry its kind of fuzzy. It's only a 12x14 piece and my smart phone was fighting me on focus. Basically its a Deep Sea Museum with a lot of weird fish (mainly mutated, one eyed kind of thing).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting Off Homework

Volunteer Orientation at HSSC

Mailing Mishaps