Hero (2002)

Hi Mom!

Prepare for some beautiful stills.

Today in Film we watched Hero (2002) which it being a subtitled, Chinese movie I wasn't expecting to see what I saw. Today I fell in love all over again with color. This movie's use of color and CONTROLLING the color was breathtaking along with just the settings and all of the beautiful cloth.

But before, anecdote: as our teacher went to pull up his presentation pre-movie where we were going to get a lecture of camera movements, one of the last scenes of the movie started playing. A very big spoiler scene. LOL OH WELL. Our teacher goes, "Welp, that's the class. What's the point now?" Jokes aside I was really surprised on how much I liked this movie. Would definitely recommend if you don't mind reading subtitles (which I know my mom doesn't).
Someone barcoded the movie and I think it really shows the range you get. All of the frames compressed is still gorgeous. 



Seriously a gorgeous movie that I had to share. My kryptonite includes: monochromatic scenes, stylized, and FLOWING CLOTH GOOD GOD LOVE IT.

On an unrelated note here is my updated Hall of Oddities. I completely re inked free hand so you don't have awesome straight ground lines and wobbly arches. SO NOW ITS ALL WOBBLY YAY. I also took out those awful things that were in between the arches and added more tanks in the background in the other rooms. Aaand my top margin line is crooked. GREAT. I'm so over this piece honestly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting Off Homework

Volunteer Orientation at HSSC

Mailing Mishaps