Birthday Week Gifts Pt.1

Hi Mom.

I'm titling this Part 1 of birthday gift because I know a few more are on the way. I received two emails from the mailing office, letting me know I had packages to pick up. Soon they will know my name when I walk up.

First was from Mom and Dad (hi Mom). A birthday care package that included a birthday card, snickerdoodles, gummy bears, four new itty bittys, a laundry duffle, a Colorado tshirt, spa facial mask (which I know has been sitting in Mom's bathroom for a few months now), my favorite picture of them when they were youngins, a collage picture of us at Disney World, a set of cards I assume is a subtle hint at writing thank you notes, and a cardboard bus things that I know is meant for the itty bittys...I've just not yet learned how to use it properly.

First picture is of the moment I opened the box - sorry for it being out of focus. My phone likes to think it's smarter than me. (S.M.R.T)


 All of my itty bittys now lined up. They will stay there until I have to print something and find a new spot for them...so dang cute.

My attempt at using the little school bus that came with them but I only managed to make them look like they were decapitated or getting car sick. 

I also received a birthday card from Pap and Mimi (which also counted as a package) with an Amazon gift card - this will be used very quickly I assure you.

After getting my packages, I went to Film and Narrative where we watched Strangers on a Train. All I could think of was Jason cause he loves that movie and has tried to make me watch it so many times. He did manage to get me to watch Throw Momma From the Train which same story just with Billy Crystal and Danny DeVito. I REALLY liked Strangers on a Train, like REALLY. Though I'm pretty sure I have seen it before, most of it seemed really familiar, and not in the way where I was just picturing Billy Crystal doing the same things. 

Then, after the movie running 20 minutes over the end of class, I rushed over to Emily's aunt's house to see my bestie who has flown in for a week. It was really good to see her and get into more than the normal small talk everyone is still making in the dorm. I haven't had a honest conversation with someone sitting beside me in weeks. I feel a little more normal now. Less zombie-like. 

Tomorrow I've just got one class in the morning (drawing - kill me) and then I'll have the rest of the day to spend with Emily. Woohoo. She hates humidity just as much as I do, so mainly we'll be sitting and talking and jumping from one air conditioning place to another, which is what we always do when visiting. :D

Thanks again to everyone that has wished me a early happy birthday and sent cards and presents. They're very much appreciated and make me feel like I'm not in another world like I sometimes do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting Off Homework

Volunteer Orientation at HSSC

Mailing Mishaps