Putting Off Homework

Hi Mom.

I'm really not putting off homework, considering I have all weekend to do it - and I WILL start tonight, but I would rather be writing this post than doing it so...here I am.

Today started 'early' (7:15) today with Figure Drawing which was a work out. The entire class we did sets of 10 two minute poses, a bunch of three minute poses and then what seemed like forever of 30 second poses. I was exhausted after, but I loved it.

Spent lunch in the cafe in the Academic Center, and then read my book until my first Storytelling class, which I think will be kind of awesome. There will be lots of writing involved, but it's the best kind of writing: creative/fiction. The fact that I will not be writing about grammar and research essays, like I would have had I not dropped Writer's Studio, makes me very happy. My teacher is an interesting character for sure. He's relatively normal, as art teachers go, and he makes lots and lots of movie references, it's really showing the holes in my film education. But he seems nice and encouraging, which is what you want, or what I want at least.

After that I watched an episode of Project Runway - which is my newest binge since I finished Daredevil in fricken two days. And then I headed over to Cutting Loose Salon in downtown Sarasota for an appointment to get back to feeling like myself.

This past year I have been growing out my hair, and recently I've been really really unhappy with it. It was all one layer and whenever it dried it did that 60's curl at the bottom that I really hated, but had no way to fix. Thinking layers would help, on Wednesday I went over to SuperCuts and it only made it worse. So, I decided I was done. I didn't want to wait 2 more years to get the long length I wanted, especially with school taking priority - not my hair.

After an hour of shampooing, a lot of cutting, and a crap load of hair product I am back to loving my hair.
Lovely view of the communal bathroom here.
Better lighting (not florescent) in the dorm room. Ignore the poof on the right side (your right), I had just been carrying groceries from the far away parking lot up the stairs to my dorm.

 I feel way better not having to brush hair that won't stay back. Granted, I have yet to deal with the new bed head just yet, but I still think I'll be happy in the morning.

After haircut, I did my weekend shopping which consisted of very little food and more of things I realized I needed: trash bags, water, hair product, chocolate milk (a necessity). When I got back to the dorm I facetime with Mr. Wonderful (Jason) for a little while he was on his break and then remembered I'd gotten an email that morning that I had a package in the mail room!

First package of the school year was from myself - naturally. Ordered some new flip flops since the ones I'd bought at the beginning of the summer were a little...worn. That divet is where my heel lays...it was perfectly flat in the beginning.
 Can you tell the difference between the impressed dirty hair and the perfectly new pair? (Yes they look different, they are different sizes. The old ones are a Woman's 5 and the new ones at a Youth 2 (which is actually my size)).
Cute Cute. Bring on the cool tan lines.
And now to continue my Project Runway binge and start some weekend homework. Oh yea and...first week of classes complete!!


Comments

  1. Can I buy your Humane Society of Sarasota shirt? ILOVETHEMEPARKS@OUTLOOK.COM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mailing Mishaps

Medical Issues