"Volunteer" Project

Hi Mom.

During Orientation week, each incoming freshman/new student is forced into the "Volunteer" Project. I say "volunteer" because really, saying it's mandatory kind of defeats the purpose. Anyways, I knew about this project long before I even started at Ringling and after reading the possible options I was dead set on scoring the Marine Mote Aquarium trip. Because unlike all the other "volunteer" projects, it was indoors and didn't involve any intensive labor. I'm quite prepared for a lazy person.

And luckily, I got what I asked for and sat comfortably on an air conditioned bus all the way to the shaded, air conditioned aquarium. Our project was simple. The aquarium is celebrating its 60th Anniversary and wanted us to walk around, take photos and spread the word through social media. For a college student, this was something that could have been done by just letting us loose through the aquarium, no instructions needed. I really lucked out for the most part. Got lots of pictures - which I will post and made a friend.

Photos aren't in any particular order, just how they were uploaded.

(I know the photo is crooked - idk how to fix it!) *Edit: now it's straight (thanks Mom!)



The herds of seahorses is so freaking cute.
 Lots of murals to appreciate.
 Last photo of the day - on the way back from the aquarium. Giant classic sculpture right by the marina.
 Those eyelashes
 They were cleaning the manatee tank when we got there, so all you and I get is some silhouettes and murky photos.
 Look at that smirk. He knew exactly what he was doing.
 We were given these little signs to take photos with to help spread the 60th anniversary. When I put it next to the tank, this little guy starting attacking it.


 BABY SEA TURTLES
 Pretty window next to the manatee exhibit.

 Mr. Grumpy Pants
 Cause when you think dolphins you obviously think of a 50s diner...cute logo though.
 This guy was posing for us a ton. He's very photogenic.


 This was Mr. Photogenic before he really woke up and got going.
 He's probably my favorite. Just the front of his face makes me want to draw him.
 Nemo's cousin decided to play hide and seek as I was taking photos. STAY IN THERE NEMO'S COUSIN WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENS

 Decided to skip the Mommy and Me class that was taking place there.

 He didn't move the entire 20 minutes I stood there.
 Another game of hide and seek
 The chain of baby seahorses.

Just as I got back into my room it started pouring down rain. After that, I beat the add on to Bioshock Infinite, 'Burial At Sea' (episode 2). *Spoiler* Everyone freaking dies. Why did I expect anything less? And then I pretty much fell asleep in my desk chair while watching Bobs Burgers. I justify my afternoon of nothingness with a morning of aquarium...ness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting Off Homework

Mailing Mishaps

Medical Issues