Day 2

There's something nerve wracking about waiting for people to take off their clothes. 
This thought popped into my head at the beginning of my Figure Drawing class today and afterwards I heard Sissy Spacek's voice in my head, "Write that down." (Blast From the Past reference). But truly, it doesn't really matter how many figure drawing classes I've taken. The moment the model walks up onto that podium, their robe loosely tied around their waists, the fear in the room is tangible. Especially among a class full of freshmen.
Now, this isn't my first rodeo. I'm not proud to say the first man I saw naked was a 60+ year old who happened to be my very first figure drawing model ever (back in 2013)- it was slightly traumatizing considering one of his poses that day was to lay flat on his back like a dead bug. You get the picture. But still, even after years and years of drawing naked people, as artists tend to do, there will always be that first moment of panic when you realize it's going to happen. They are going to disrobe and expose themselves to me and my giant drawing pad, not even ten feet away.
And honestly, I feel bad for being nervous. If anyone should be nervous about the naked person in the room it should be said naked person. I mean, they're naked. Cue Maud Flanders, "Think of the children!" It was entertaining to see the figure drawing virgins in the room. The ones who had obviously never seen a naked man before, in or out of the classroom and kept averting their eyes.
Besides that, first day of figure drawing class was awesome. I don't know why I was even remotely worried or surprised that I walked out happy. I'm in a safe place, doing what I love, and gesture drawings are really really fun.
After that class, I drove over to the shopping center where Siri TOLD me there was a Great Clips. Yet, I couldn't find it and instead opted for the SuperCuts which I did find, where I proceeded to wait a ridiculously long time to get a trim and some layers. The guy in front of me (who was there long before I got there) had very little hair, yet I was halfway done before he shuffled out, but not before getting his eyebrows plucked. And thinking about, getting a haircut in the middle of the day with MY amount of hair wasn't the best plan. I was shedding the rest of the day all over my white shirt.
Then I stocked up on some more ice cream, drove back to campus, had my first "oh shit, I think I just hit that PARKED car moment" (No damage thankfully to either cars), had lunch, went to the Academic Advising Office - who apparently was also out for lunch - did some homework, then went BACK to the Academic Advising Office to get some classes switched around. Instead of Writing Studio, I'll be taking Storytelling, which sounds like loads of fun. And I am also currently working on getting my 2D Design credit from ACC (Arapahoe Community College) transferred. But to do that I have to do a whole big thing about submitting a portfolio and giving an overview of the class for it to get approved. Fingers crossed!
I have also been bingeing Daredevil at the request of my beloved Jason - therefore it's less of a request and more of a, "We're dating, we need to keep our interest similar....you should watch this cause I really like it." And of course I'd do anything for the kid, watching TV really isn't hard work for me. Plus it does make me feel more connected to him, through the miles that separates us. Needless to say I'm nearly done with the show.
Aside from that, I'll continue to do homework and probably sleep for a good 12 hours since my only class tomorrow isn't until 3:30pm. Darrrrnn.
P.S. I found this Ice Cream and I put it in my basket so fast the people around me got whiplash.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Putting Off Homework

Mailing Mishaps

Medical Issues