"Your Route is Clear. You will reach your destination."

Hi Mom.

So...blogging. I'm really gonna try here. For you Mom.

Yesterday, I moved into my dorm room at Ringling College of Art and Design - after six days of driving. I have been dreaming about this for a long time now. And its actually happening.

Here's where I'll spend the next year. I love my corner. Most things from home make the home-sickness more bearable. Downside: the bed is so high if I were to suddenly wake up from a dream I would walk away with a nice bruise on my head.
Sidenote: VERY VERY glad I brought my mattress pillow.



Here is another perk for being a Ringling student - "free" macbook pro. I say "free" because honestly tuition covered it a billion times over. Also, please note my tiny fan. I am in love with it.


 Here is just one of the many murals in Sarasota, right outside my new go-to Chinese Restaurant. 

This next part in my journey seems way bigger than life - finally going after something I've wanted to a long time. While I know I'll be home-sick and miss my other half, Jason, more than I can possibly say, it'll all work out. I'm excited/nauseous for the days to come.

Saying goodbye to my mom was really really hard. Just driving to the airport made me choke up at random moments. Last selfie before we completely broke down crying - what babies :P But after we parted ways and I found my way back to the car, I plugged in my address into my navigation and Siri said to me, "Your route is clear. You will reach your destination." And those words hit me harder than moving into my dorm had done or the long week of driving we just did. After saying goodbye to the last person I've depended on for so long I knew this journey I'm about to take is mine and mine alone. And I will reach my destination. Hopefully, I'll make some great art along the way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mailing Mishaps

Medical Issues

The Book Room